Saturday, September 18, 2010

Three years

It's been three years. Three years ago, I ran into a bit of bad luck but within 24 hours of that event, my luck had turned around. AJ and I started dating. I'm not sure either of expected what the next three years to bring, but we have been grateful and blessed by everything. Especially of the fact that we're coming up to just about a month away from our one year wedding anniversary - something we're very excited to celebrate! :)

This past week, I was out in Nebraska for the Husker Harvest farm show. I was able to take yesterday (Friday) off and spent it here in Council Bluffs with AJ. Luckily for me, this weekend was also Riverside's Homecoming! So yesterday afternoon I drove to Oakland to watch the Homecoming parade - which AJ was judging. It was so much fun to watch all the students throughout the parade and see their school spirit! And it was nice to continue to meet more of the people that AJ works with. Throughout the parade and then again at the football game that night, I heard numerous comments and praises from other faculty and community members about AJ. How excited they are to have him at the district, all the good things they've heard about him, how he brings so much enthusiasm to his work, and so on and so on. It made me so proud! :) I know without a doubt that AJ is putting his very best into all the work he's doing at the school, but it's so nice to hear it from other people to. And to hear that they appreciate all he's doing so far - and he's only getting started! It also made me feel very welcomed into this community and very excited to become a part of that once I'm over here full-time.

The parade and the football game were both a lot of fun. And I felt much more in place this game as I had ordered some Riverside Bulldogs sweatshirts for AJ and I to wear! Unfortunately, the football game didn't go quite that well... when we left at the beginning of the 4th quarter, the score was 0-57. But that didn't waiver any of the school spirit from the crowd! And that was good to see!

AJ has cast the musical for You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown and they start having their first practices this week! And his high school choir has also been chosen to sing at the SIAC (School Improvement Advisory Committee) meeting this upcoming Tuesday, which is being held in Carson, IA. He's also been getting students to sing the National Anthem at various sporting events and singing the Pledge of Allegiance every morning at the middle school. Hopefully all this exposure will help him to continue to build the program and get more students involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment