Thursday, September 15, 2011

Falling in Love with the best time of year!

Fall is, without a doubt, my absolute favorite time of the year. There are so many reasons and for this blog, I've decided to try and write them all down. :) 

Reason I Love Fall: 
  1. I was born in October :) 
  2. I also married the love of my life in October :) :) 
  3. The start of a new school year - a new beginning of sorts
  4. Beautiful weather - the nice fall breezes and sun shining 
  5. Sweatshirts - who doesn't love sweatshirt weather?!
  6. The world is surrounded by beautiful and rich fall colors - the reds, oranges, yellows 
  7. Minnesota fall apples (and of course caramel!)
  8. Perfect cool evenings for a bonfire
  9. The sound of fallen leaves crunching under your feet
  10. Football games
  11. A fall rain
  12. Jumping in piles of leaves as a kid (or an adult...haha)
  13. Pumpkin patches, carving pumpkins and pumpkin seeds
  14. Hay rides 
  15. Halloween - YAY for candy! 
  16. Thanksgiving - YUM
  17. The cooler temperatures which means open windows 
  18. Cuddling up in blankets on a cool fall morning
  19. Harvest - so many memories of going to the farm to bring dad lunch or dinner and helping drive the combine 
  20. That fall smell - maybe a combination of woodsmoke, cinnamon and spice, wool, apple cider, dried leaves and pumpkin pie
  21. Fall premiers of new and returning favorite TV shows 
  22. Homecoming at Wartburg 
  23. Candy Corn and Pumpkin candy 
  24. Oktoberfest celebrations
I am tempted to stop at 24 since October 24th is our anniversary... :) And so I think I will. If I think of more later, I might add them.

So welcome fall! I am happy to have you back again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment