Thursday, July 2, 2015

Minnesota, here we come!

Well, it's happening. The Zaruba family will soon be residents of the great state of Minnesota! :) 

If you haven't already heard, I accepted a new job as the Communications and Volunteer Coordinator at a non-profit called Partners for Affordable Housing. I'm really looking forward to trying my hand in the non-profit world and taking on this new challenge! 

We're not entirely sure what the month of July is going to look like for us. Our lease is up at the end of July so AJ is actually going to stay in Iowa and keep working while he looks for jobs in Minnesota. This will also give us some extra time to get everything packed up and moved. And I don't know if you know this, but we're pretty good at this whole moving thing. :) Temporarily, we'll be moving in to my parents' basement while we figure out where we want to live. Ideally, I'd love to start looking for houses as soon as possible. 

Back before I knew the job was mine, I knew I wanted to get back to Minnesota. But at the same time, I felt that anxiety about leaving Iowa, the place I've lived for 10+ years. Now that I've accepted the job, I feel excitement to get back to Minnesota. To be closer to family and friends. Back to a place that has always really been home. But leaving Iowa will be hard. 

Iowa will also hold a very special place in my heart. And without a doubt, we'll be back to visit often. But Iowa, you've given me so much. You gave me an education. You were the place I grew up. You were the place where I met some of my closest friends. You were the place I met the love of my life. Iowa, you gave me the chance grow, make mistakes and learn. You were where we were married. You were the place where Jacob was born. Iowa will always be like home to me. We've been so blessed in this state. 

So, stay tuned to our next great adventure! It sure will be a good one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment