Monday, August 30, 2010

Time gone by

Well, about a month has past - just over actually - since "we" moved out to Council Bluffs. I say "we" since AJ's really the only one living out there still! It has been a tough month. I'm not sure either of us really knew what to expect other than the fact that it would be hard and we weren't going to enjoy being apart. We have been very fortunate in the fact that we've been able to see each other every weekend still, but as it is my busiest time of year at work and AJ in the first couple weeks of school in his first year, the weeks have not been fun. Every day and every night we are tested. The strength of our relationship is testing. Our patience is tested. Our sanity is tested! :) I do believe without a doubt that our relationship will be much better off from this time apart. I believe that we will learn to cherish each other more, love each other more and show each other our affection even more. I'm not sure I thought that was possible before our move, but now I am a firm believer. :) 

AJ and I are grateful to each and every one of you for your impact in our lives throughout this time. We are grateful for your friendship, love and support. And because of those things, we know we will be okay. We know we can remain strong.

I've been trying to pester AJ into writing a blog on his first couple days of school because I'm sure you're all dying to know about it! But he has been busy - apparently continuing to plan for his upcoming school days. :) As soon as I can though, we'll get something up for you. 

I'm not sure this is the best update, but just some thoughts as we reach our first month apart. May God continue to grant us the strength and patience we need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment