Friday, January 21, 2011

A week off and a new job!

The past two weeks have come and gone in a blur for AJ and I! But I definitely not complaining in any sort of way. Life has really picked up a lot and I think AJ and I are both enjoying this new ride!

The weekend after I accepted the position at UNO, AJ and I pretty much did nothing all weekend. And it was great! :) We were able to just spend some quality time together, watching movies, playing video games and just hanging out.

Last week was my last week of unemployment and it was very relaxing! It was nice to be able to have a week off not having to worry about finding a job still! Knowing that I had one and would be starting soon made it seem much more like a vacation! I was even lucky enough to be able to spend some of those days with AJ! We decided that God thought it was time to "give us a break" or something. AJ had his first snow days - yes, days! - of the year that week! He was home with me on Monday, Tuesday and a two-hour late start on Wednesday! That was definitely an added bonus for my last week off. :)

Last weekend, my sister Megan drove down from Minnesota to spend some time with us! We had a great weekend! We had a pizza and movie night on Friday just like we use to do when we were kids! On Saturday we drove into Omaha and went to the Durham Museum where they were having a special exhibit for the bicentennial of Abraham Lincoln's birth! It was an exhibit from the Library of Congress that was only going to be featured in five cities across the US! It was very cool - we saw some new artifacts, letters and the coolest item (in my opinion) was that they had the Bible that Lincoln used when he was sworn into presidency AND it was the same Bible that President Obama used when he was sworn in! How cool is that?! After the exhibit we ate at Spaghetti Works and did some shopping. We enjoyed another relaxing evening of movies. Sunday we took Meg to church and then out for brunch at the Village Inn. All in all, I would say a very successful weekend!

Monday was MLK Day so the campus of UNO was closed so I was able to have one last day off. AJ didn't have school, but he did have a professional development day so he unfortunately was not able to enjoy it with me. And on Tuesday, I had my first day at UNO. I could tell even after the first day that I was really going to enjoy this job and the people I work with!

This past week has been somewhat slow because it's taking a while to get all the paperwork processed and an email address but things are starting to fall into place. It's also been a fairly quiet week because prospective student visits don't start until next week. But I'm really okay with all of this because it's giving me time to study up on UNO and learn everything I need to know - or at least as much as I can! And my calendar is already full of a number of college fairs I'll be going to and soon I'll be adding some high school visits as well. March is definitely going to be one of my busiest months! But I'm excited for it all to start!

So overall, a very good past two weeks! AJ and I are getting use to this new routine - I'm actually up and out of bed before he is now! And he's told me it's going to take him a while to get use to coming home to an empty house now. But I'm loving being out of the house again and actually having something to do. So, things are great and we're excited to see where life is going to lead us next!

No comments:

Post a Comment