Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A routine

*Just a note: I wrote this blog up a while ago but forgot to post it... so I figured I'd do it now before I get another one written.

Dec. 22nd, 2010

Things are starting to become 'normal' for us again. I say 'normal' because really, what is 'normal'? But we're falling back into a routine again as husband and wife. It's strange, having to figure out how to co-exist with someone again. AJ, I know, much prefers his old bachelor pad rather than my constant nagging. :) 

It's not the same routine we once had as husband and wife. There was actually only a short period of time that we were both working full time jobs and living together and that was last spring. So I guess the whole only having one income thing isn't that difficult... it's just strange because it's flipped now. AJ is the one working and I'm the one staying home. But the important thing is that we're together again. And that is how it is supposed to be. 

I've started to notice the little changes that tell me we're getting back into the swing of things. The fact that we've had a couple weekends now where we didn't have to drive 4 hours to see the other person, or go anywhere for that matter. We were able to fully enjoy the entire weekend just with ourselves. It was during that time, as we cuddled on the mattress we pulled out into the living room, with the fireplace on, watching Christmas movies, that some of our normalcy started to return. Being able to relax and act like our goofy selves that no one else would ever understand. Being able to spend the day doing nothing at all, but knowing we wouldn't want to be anywhere else. 
Or when we can spend an entire car ride listening to choral music and getting goose-bumps from the chords like a bunch of nerds and then suddenly switch over to rock out to Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA.  Or when AJ starts acting like his crazy silly goofy self that I can't even begin to describe with words because it's just so Austin. :)

These are good feelings to have. They tell me things are starting to look up. They tell me things are starting to improve. Starting to get better. Not that things were ever that bad, but I've definitely learned a few things about life in the past couple of months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment