Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Amazing Husband and Soon-to-be Dad :)

World's Best Dad
With all the updating I was doing in the last blog post, I completely forgot to brag up my amazing husband! :) He has been nothing short of perfect throughout this pregnancy! Let me tell you why... 

First off, the shirt in the picture is a shirt I gave him on the night we found out we were pregnant. I bought it awhile ago and wanted to give it to him when we found out the big news. I thought it was only fitting for the world's best music teacher! ;-) I know, without a doubt, that Austin is really going to be the 'World's Best Dad' when our little one arrives. 

As I mentioned in the last post, those first few weeks were really hard on me - being extremely exhausted and constantly sick all day, every day. And I could not have asked for a more supportive husband. At first, Austin said he was even going to sit with me on the bathroom floor whenever I was sick... but after a couple rounds of that, I think it got to be too much for him. :) I don't blame him - it was too much for me as well! 

But Austin would do everything I asked and even things I didn't have to ask for! He was always bringing me fresh water bottles or glasses of juice to drink. Whenever something sounded even the little bit appealing to eat, he would run out to the store to get it for me if we didn't have it - no matter the time of day! He put up with making me all kinds of food and then taking it away after I could only manage a bit or two. 

As I was pretty much always in bed or in the bathroom, Austin kept up with all the housework. He would do all the cooking and cleaning - most times without me even nagging him to do so, because I was just too sick and tired to even care! :) He let me sleep and rest as much as I wanted and needed in those weeks, which couldn't have been fun for him because I was not good company! 

He would research ways to help with morning sickness and went out and bought me some meds to try. And when those didn't work and the morning sickness wasn't getting any better, it was Austin who convinced me to finally call the doctor and get a prescription to help. And he always gave me back rubs whenever I asked. :) 

He's been to all of our doctor's appointments, always asking questions or reminding me of questions I had. And he even knows how to distract me when I have to get my blood drawn. He reads daily updates about what's happening throughout the pregnancy and tips for how he can help along the way. He's also already started some research on different baby products and doesn't mind talking about the different things we're going to need to register for. And he's working on bonding with the baby already. The only thing he needs to really do now is pick up his guitar and start learning some lullaby's to sing to our baby! :)

There is no one else I would rather have by my side and I know he is going to be my rock throughout the rest of my pregnancy and during labor. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing husband. And I can't wait to see him in action as the World's Best Dad. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment