Friday, November 3, 2017

Jacob's Anecdotes vol. 2

I love this kid.


***

After waking up one morning after a really good sleep, Jacob sat up groggily and slowly lifted up one hand. With a confused look on his face, he says to me, "My hand is buzzy" I LOVE his creative way of telling me about his hand falling asleep/waking up, since he doesn't understand that yet! 


***

This isn't necessarily just one story, but Jacob has started to become very.... confident? Ha! More than once he's been asked "Who's in charge here?" when he isn't listening to what was being told/asked of him. His response? "I am." Or I'll say, "Jacob, you're being a little bossy." And he says, "Yes, I am." Another... "Jacob, are you going to be a pill tonight?" "Yes, I'm going to be a pill." Oy. He's only four!?! 


***

Jacob has always been a fan of the "Pigeon" books. If you haven't read them, check them out. His current favorite is where the Pigeon finds a hot dog! At one point in the book, frustrated with the Duckling, the Pigeon says "Oh for Pete's sake!" This has become Jacob's new catch phrase! He'll say it as an answer to anything and even roll his eyes with it! It's pretty adorable.  


***

Jacob and Nana were saying bedtime prayers the other night and were doing "God Bless..." God bless Mommy, God bless Daddy... etc. And Jacob said to my mom, "Everybody loves Jacob because I'm cute!"



***



While talking to Jacob on the phone (a regular phone call), he'll often try to tell you or show you what he's doing or playing with. Tonight on the phone, Jacob said to me, "Watch this! Oh wait! You can't see!" Hahaha


***

The other Sunday at church, Pastor Patrick invited all of the kids to come up for the children's sermon to listen to a story. Jacob went quickly and excitedly, something he doesn't always do. The story was read without too much interruption... only towards the end did Jacob realize he could see himself on the big screens up front and had to point that out. On his way back to his seat, once he got a little closer to me, he said (in not a whisper), "That was a good story." :)



***

The other night, Jacob and I were having some conversation that included him asking me a bunch of questions I don't really know the answer to, so typical parenting. And then this happened... Jacob: "Mommy, why are bugs so small?" Me: "I don't know, I guess because God made them that way." Jacob: "Yeah! And God made my butt!" Yup. That too. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment