Thursday, April 23, 2020

COVID-19 Quotes & Memories

I'll be continuously updating this post with memories, quotes and short stories I want to remember from our COVID-19 Days.... 

--
*At a fairly crowded grocery store, we ran into some family
Me: "...yeah, Dad is home sick today."
Jacob (rather loudly): "Yeah, he has the coronavirus!"
Me (slightly horrified): "SHHHHHH, you can't say that sort of thing!" 


--
After coming home from a long day at work where we announced a temporary closure...
Dad: So, are you out of a job?
Me: Who, me? No! I've never been busier! I might not get paid... but I've never been busier!
#nonprofitlife #communicationsdirector

--
After reading a work email on my phone, I sighed fairly heavily. Jacob looked at me concerned and asked, "Did you get fired?!" 
No idea what prompted that! Haha And no, I did not get fired!! 

--
Some of Jacob's new independent playtime activities have included the King of the Coronavirus and bad guys stealing our internet.... 

--
Nana was helping Jacob with some school work. They were having some issues with technology and the internet and Jacob kept asking to take a break. Megan came down to check on them and said, "Maybe you should take a break before everyone gets crabby." And Jacob promptly says, "That's what I'm looking for! I needed Megan to say we can take a break!" :) 

--
Jacob has weekly check-ins with his teacher and a small group of students on Google Meets. The other day, they were doing a "role-call song". Jacob decided I needed to play along so I got to sing with the group! "I see... *whispering*, Jacob, what's the name of one of your friends??" hahaha 

--
While helping Jacob with his school work, Megan said, "You know, you could be done with this assignment already if you quit being silly." And Jacob replied, "If I didn't get the goofys from my daddy!" True fact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment