Friday, April 24, 2020

April 22, 2020

It's been a while since I've written an update. 

Like many of you, I'm slowly adjusting to our current normal. There are definitely some days that are better than others. 

I enjoy the 'commute' to work each day, the fact that I don't feel rushed each morning. I'm glad to have a full kitchen to find lunch each day rather than going to a gas station or drive through to find food. The always available snacks is another issue... 

I'm grateful for having a lot of family under one roof. They've been extremely helpful with Jacob and not only his distance-learning, but just helping him get through a day where he doesn't sit in front of screen the entire day because I get caught up on work. The past couple of weeks, we've spent Friday nights watching Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals on YouTube. We share a meal almost every night. We get on each others' nerves. :) 

I've enjoyed quite a few video chats and online game nights with family and friends. The warmer weather is very welcomed and getting outside for a walk makes for a nice break. 

I sat in a meeting this afternoon as we start to discuss what reopening the Y looks like. And I think what hasn't hit me yet, what I haven't allowed myself to think about yet is what our world will look like as we start to open things back up. There will still need to be many adjustments and changes and things will not look the same. And I do feel some fear when I think about how that will look, hence why I've avoided thinking about it. 

It make me sad Jacob won't have a chance to go back to school to finish the year. The divisive political fights exhaust me. I miss seeing friends, family and co-workers in person. I probably give Jacob way too many hugs and for way too long because I'm unable to hug other people I care about. 

How are all of you hanging in there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment