Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April Showers...?

I'm trying to figure out where the last couple of weeks have gone... can it already be April 15th this Friday? Holy cow... And you know, there's that saying "April showers bring May flowers" - well we've had a couple of showers here in Council Bluffs but we definitely haven't had any great showers or thunderstorms! I want some thunderstorms! :) As a kid, I remember being so afraid of thunderstorms... I'm not sure why I was so scared but I was. I use to worry when my mom would go outside to the end of the driveway to watch the clouds move in. Maybe I use to think she'd get swept up by a tornado? Who knows... but now, I'm out there at the end of the drive or driving into the countryside to get a better view of a storm moving in. I'm convinced that one day AJ and I will own a house out in the country with a porch looking to the West so we can watch every storm move in. I'm not sure why I'm so fascinated by storms now... I love the rain. I love the smell of rain. I love watching the lightening and waiting to see if I can feel the thunder rumbling. I love it all.

April started off great! AJ and I had a nice road trip to Ohio for my cousin's wedding! Although we spent a lot of time in the car that weekend, it was super fun to see my family! It's so rare when we're all in once place these days so that definitely made it worth the trip! The Monday after that weekend I was up in Minnesota for some college fairs and then it was another normal week back at the office.

This past weekend some of my old co-workers from Kruger made a trip out to Omaha and we spent the day shopping and then went out that night! It was definitely a lot of fun and great to see those gals again! :) That same day, AJ spent up in Woodbine for solo/small group ensemble for contest. It was a big day for him and his kids and they did a great job! They walked away with three Division III's, three Division II's and three Division I's. Overall it, it was a good day!

Unfortunately Sunday was an early day for me - I had to finish packing up and get on the road. That morning I left for Kansas City for the week. The first couple of days I spent at an annual conference for admissions counselors with the Greater Plains Association for College Admissions Counseling. It was a lot of fun and I learned some really valuable information! Those couple of days showed me that there is a lot that can be done within this field and it's such an important career. It gets me excited to see where this job could take me!

I'm still down in Kansas City for a couple extra days attending some college fairs. I'll be back home late Thursday night and then I'll be done traveling for work until pretty much this fall. It'll be nice to just be back in the office for a while! Especially with gas prices being so high! :-/

So overall, things are going good for us down here. We're really enjoying the warmer weather, being able to have our windows open and brewing ice tea! Now if only some of those storms would come along... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment