Monday, March 28, 2011

Good-bye March?

I don't know how it happened, but March is pretty much gone. I have no idea where the last month went! All of a sudden it was here and now it's not. Oh well, on to April I guess!

This past month was a busy one - definitely the busiest month I've had in a long time! Not that I'm complaining at all! It's good to be really busy sometimes - especially if you know you get some breaks in there! The first couple of weeks were spent doing more high school visits and some college fairs. Then in the third week of March, I spent a week up in the Cities at College Fairs with a co-worker. It was a pretty good week - just busy enough. And we even had some time on our last day to spend at the Mall of America before our last fair and then heading home. I loved being at the MOA! I got to have a pretzel from the PretzelMaker (the best in soft pretzels) and some DippinDots! YUM! I did pick up some chocolate to bring home to AJ to because I missed him so darn much! :)

That Friday I took off from work since I got home at midnight on Thursday. It was nice to have a relaxing day and catch up on my TV shows that I had missed earlier in the week! That night, AJ and I went to our first Fish Fry. A group of my co-workers and a bunch of other people started sometime called the Cod Damn Fish Fry Team. Basically, during Lent, they go around to area churches in Omaha and go to a different Fish Fry every week. Now, I gotta tell you, these Fish Fries are quite the event. The first one we went to was probably one of the biggest in the area. They told us at the church that they serve about 2,000 people each Friday night! They even had a take-out service! Insane, right? Another thing about these events is that because the line for food is so long (3 hours long, in fact!) they serve beer and wine while you wait! Along with some boys selling popcorn and some Girl Scouts selling Girl Scout cookies - you could manage the three hours no problem. :) It was a lot of fun and we met some really nice people too! Unfortunately we haven't been able to get to another Fish Fry yet, but we've still got some time to get another one in!

This past week I was once again back up in Minnesota but by myself this time. It was a little more of an adventure this time... especially since I found myself in a snow storm with no boots and no ice scrapper. So I was out in the parking lot mid-day (after my first fair had - thankfully - been canceled) standing in a drift of snow in heels and trying to bang the ice off the car with my hand... I told myself I had obviously been living out of Minnesota for too long because I was no prepared for this weather! Luckily the day warmed up fairly well so that helped with the ice on the car and I made it to the fair that night no problem. It was another late night when I finally got home on Friday but I was so happy to be there!

Yesterday (Sunday, March 27th) was AJ's birthday! The big 2-4! ;-) On Saturday, we went to return my rental car and stopped in at the library for some new books on CD and a new book for me to read. That night, AJ decided he wanted to go out to eat for his birthday so we caught an early dinner at Red Lobster. It was at the restaurant that I presented AJ with his card and a gift card to none other than Red Lobster. AJ was pretty speechless but I just told him that I knew my husband well. ;-) That night we rented some movies and on Sunday we slept in - which was very nice! Then we ended up going out to eat again for the birthday boy! All in all, it was a very good birthday weekend for AJ.

This week will be pretty slow as we say good-bye to March but at the end of the week, we are heading out of town for a wedding! My cousin is getting married and so it's off to Ohio we go! I'm pretty excited about the wedding and being able to see my family! I will admit though it'll be a busy and long weekend with a lot of driving, but totally worth it!

Other than all of that, AJ and I are looking forward to April that will hopefully bring with it some warmer weather, some thunderstorms and some visits by some good friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment