Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Closer and Closer!

It's almost Baby Month! It's hard to believe, I don't know where these last 8 months have gone! Last week we had a doctor's appointment and we had our last ultrasound before the baby comes. This was basically just to check the growth, do some measurements and make sure the baby was in the correct position - head down. Everything looked great! Baby is head down and measurements were right on track! The doctor estimated the baby was weighing in right around 5 1/2lbs. So if the baby gains about a 1/2lb a week from here until my due date, that would be about a 7 1/2lb baby! Again, all just an estimate, but that's a size I'm okay with! :) I also had the Group B Strep test done and that came back negative so no antibiotics during the birth. So, overall the appointment was great and things are progressing already. During the ultrasound as well, we tried to get another look at baby's face but again, it had a hand up there the whole time! Throughout this entire pregnancy, every ultrasound has shown a little hand in front of the face! The doctor made a comment that this is probably how the baby is going to sleep when he/she arrives! I don't doubt it! But I am eager to finally get a good look at this little one! :) 

That appointment was also the first of our weekly visits! We're now at the doctor's every week until this baby comes. So we had another appointment yesterday! This was just a quick belly check - measuring right on track at 36 1/2 weeks! And listening to the baby's heartbeat, which was in the high 140's. So everything is great! 

Now that we're basically a month out and that the baby could come early, we spent some time this past weekend making sure we have everything ready for when this baby comes! We got the bassinet set up in the bedroom. Looking at it, it's hard to imagine that soon a little baby will be sleeping in there! I also got most of the hospital bag packed! I just need to add a couple more things and then some clothes for Austin as well. One thing that we meant to do, but didn't get done yet, is install the car seat! Need to make sure we know what we're doing before this little one arrives! 

I also have a small list of things to go and buy that I would really like to have or need before the baby comes. Hopefully we'll get that done this weekend. And finally, just going through all the amazing things we got from baby showers and sorting out what we need right away and what can be packed until we move. 

Austin finished with school last week, or at least with students. But that doesn't mean he hasn't been any less busy! Right now he's been spending a lot of time working on the choir CD and getting that finalized. Riverside is actually doing a Celebrate Riverside day this upcoming weekend and Austin will be there, along with the new director they hired, to showcase all the amazing accomplishments the choir had over the past year and sell CDs. It will be his last hurrah at Riverside, so a bittersweet day for sure. He's also been busy packing up his office at the school and I'm amazed at how much stuff he's accumulated over the past three years! 

A couple of weekends ago, we traveled to Dubuque for my sister's graduation from Wartburg Seminary! It was pretty awesome to see her graduate after four years of hard work! I'm excited to see where the next phase of her life will be! It was also nice to spend some time with family while we were there, even if it was just a short trip. Although I must also say, that this trip was my last before the baby comes and I was very excited about that as well! Long car rides have just gotten too uncomfortable for me! It's nice to know I don't have any long drives until after the baby comes! This past weekend, Austin went back to Tipton for a friend's wedding. It's never fun being apart from him and I was praying the whole time he was gone that I wouldn't go into labor! But I think he had a nice, and again short, trip back home. It will be nice once we move to be closer so that these short trips won't be as much of a hassle - especially since we'll have a baby to bring along! 

So that's about it for us. No big plans now until this baby arrives! I'm hoping now that Austin is done with school, he'll be able to do some more packing around the house for me. :) He'll also be doing some voice lessons up until the baby comes. I'm also still working and plan on working as long as I can. Although it is getting a little bit harder every day! As the due date gets closer, I'm becoming more uncomfortable. I've also had some of my morning sickness return, which isn't fun at all. Let me tell you, it's a lot harder to bend over a toilet at 8 months than it was during my first trimester! Ha! I'm also have more and more heartburn when I lay down to sleep at night, so that's been keeping me up as well. I know, I know - the lack of sleep is just preparing me for when this little one is here, but I'd sure love some sleep now! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment