Friday, May 17, 2013

Update time!

Just another quick update! We had another doctor's appointment this week and unfortunately Austin couldn't come with me since he was teaching. But it was a quick check-up again - weight, blood pressure, belly measurements, baby heartbeat, etc. And everything looked great! It had been awhile since we had an appointment with our doctor, we had been seeing the other doctor due to the ultrasounds and scheduling. But yesterday I was reminded how much I love our doctor. She's just super friendly and nice! She also makes me feel really good about myself! :) She kept saying how great I looked and that my ankles weren't even swollen, etc. It was pretty nice to hear! I also wanted to record the baby's heartbeat for Austin since he couldn't be there. And the little stinker kept moving around while we were trying to listen and then was pushing the probe away when we did finally find it! Such an active little baby we have! While she was measuring my belly, she kept saying that my belly is definitely all baby! And she was pretty certain that the baby is head down and even fairly low - which is great!! 

We go back to the doctor next week already! Must mean we're getting closer... :) Next week we'll get our last ultrasound to do a growth check. They'll be checking to make sure everything is still on track and to give us a rough estimate of the baby's size. 

In other news, we went to Tipton last weekend and had a fabulous baby shower! It was great to see people and again we were blessed with a ton of fun baby stuff! We were also able to go to a Cedar Rapids Titans game and see Ariel dance - which was really fun! On Sunday we headed back early because Austin had his End of the Year Awards banquet for the choir. It was a fun event and he had a lot of awards to hand out - which is great! It was also an emotional event because parents and students took some time to say thanks to Austin and let him know how much he'll be missed. There were definitely a lot of tears. 

My co-workers have also been pretty amazing and threw me a baby shower at work this week! Austin and I are so lucky to know such awesome people! The shower was a lot of fun with games and food and again, great gifts! We are so grateful for everything!! 

I've also decided how glad I am that this baby isn't due any later in the summer. Before getting pregnant, I had fairly poor circulation and was always cold! Like crazy cold, especially compared to Austin who was always warm. Since getting pregnant and the increase in blood flow, I'm always warm, if not hot! Even more so than Austin in some cases! Well I don't think I ever appreciated that being cold versus hot was a better option - at least in my opinion. I've hated being so warm all the time! It's been very uncomfortable. Early this week, we had some really warm days - in the 80's and 90's! And our air conditioning at our apartment wasn't working. Well this was not good for this pregnant lady! :) Luckily, we've gotten it fixed (or at least we hope so!) and shouldn't have that problem anymore. But thankfully this baby will be here soon and before it gets  any hotter around here! 

We've also had some questions about our next step, when we're moving, etc. We don't have a lot of answers right now. We definitely aren't moving until after the baby comes. I didn't want to mess with finding a new doctor, especially when I really love who we have now. Our plan is to move towards the end of July, that way we will still be able to have our follow up appointment with our current doctor. We don't have a place to live yet but I've been looking. A lot of places are open right now and so I'm waiting for some to open up with an August 1st move-in date. Right now we're looking at the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area. It's just a quick drive over to Dike and has more options for us. I also don't have a job. I haven't really been applying to too many either. I'll start applying to more in June and July. 

I think that's about it for now! More updates when I have them! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment