Thursday, December 21, 2017

Jacob's Anecdotes vol. 3

These never get old...

***

One night that AJ called to say goodnight to Jacob, we were still at church so he left a voicemail. When Jacob and I got in the car, I gave him the phone to listen to the message. Jacob listened to it over and over and over. When he handed me back the phone, I asked him if he liked listening to that voicemail. He said "Yes!" I asked him what his favorite part was. Jacob said, "When daddy said no momy's bed." (We're still trying to get Jacob to sleep in his own bed....lol) I asked Jacob if that meant he was going to sleep in his own bed like a big boy! He said, "yes!" I said, really?! And Jacob said (in the most serious voice), "No." Oy. The next morning when we were on the phone with daddy again, he asked Jacob if he slept in his own bed the night before. Jacob said, "You said no mommy's bed so I slept in mommy's bed" with a huge smile on his face. He's too smart for his own good.... He still asks to listen to this voicemail, insisting that the "no mommy's bed" part is the funniest.

***

No matter what Jacob says or does, whenever I laugh at his antics, he has to ask me, "What are you laughing at?" Then once I tell him, he'll laugh too and then, of course, continue to try and make me laugh again and again.

***

Jacob was going to spend the weekend in Iowa with his favorite cousin! The night before he left, I asked him, "Will you miss me?" And Jacob says, "No. I love Evie. She's my cousin. My cousin Evie." He's always saying things like this! He loves his cousin Evie! :)

***

Sometimes when we're reading a story or if we start doing something, Jacob will hold up his hand and say PAUSE! Then he'll go grab some toy or book, cuddle back in next to you and say "okay, you can go now" or sometimes he'll "pause" us because he wants to be the one to say the prayer. Super adorable. 

***

One night as we were driving home from church, a bunch of houses had their Christmas lights on. Jacob asked if we were at the park. (Sibley Park does a huge Christmas light display that Jacob loves!!) I told him no, that those were just people's houses. He asked if we had Christmas lights up on our house. I said, no and when he asked why, I told him because it's a lot of work and Papa didn't want to do it. I said to Jacob, maybe when we have our own house one day, we can put lights on it! Jacob got excited and agreed! But then he got all serious and said, "But I won't be able to help you." When I asked why not, he said "Because I'm too little! I'm sorry!" He was so sincere! 


***

We took Jacob to see Santa the other week. The photographer kept saying, "Say cheeseburger!" And so Jacob said cheeseburger. After a couple of times though, you could see something click in Jacob's mind. The next time the photographer asked him to say cheeseburger, Jacob proudly says "Cheese sandwich!" Haha 

***

One night at supper, Papa handed Jacob the dish of pickles. He said "Take one and pass it to your mother" (meaning the pickle dish). Jacob took one pickle out of the dish and passed it to me. HAHAHA! At least he was listening!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment