Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another week

May 21st, 2010

More time has past and we continue to wait and see what God has planned for us in this exciting time in our lives. I think as the time comes closer to moving, more and more hits me - a little at a time. This past Wednesday was our last rehearsal of bells and choir at Zion. This Sunday will be our last service performance. It hit me then that soon we'd be saying our good-bye's to some amazing people.
After rehearsals, we had a little party - as is tradition. :) The choirs presented Austin and I with a gift - musical coasters and a music frame with the following quote inside: "As long as we live, there is never enough singing." - Martin Luther









And on the back - a plaque: "Thank You Austin & Liz from the Bell and Chancel Choirs"

I was so touched. AJ got up to say a few words and to thank the choir for all they've done the past two years and I secretly prayed that he wouldn't make me say anything because I knew I would start to cry.


I didn't realize before - or didn't take the time to really think about it - how much the Bell and Chancel choirs mean to Austin and I. Outside of work, the choirs and other people at the church were the people we saw the most of living here in the Cedar Valley. We had become a family with them. These people genuinely cared about us. And we cared about them. The community at Zion had become an important and almost vital part of our lives here. And soon we would be leaving them. I didn't realize how hard that would hit me.


Now I'm realizing that more good-bye's are still to come. And some of those people don't even know that the good-bye's are coming. AJ and I have made some great friends here. And they are going to be missed greatly. And when I think about all the people we're leaving, I think about the fact that we're moving to a place where we know no one. And it frightens me some. Everyone else says we'll be fine and that AJ and I will have no problem making friends. I believe that. Still doesn't change the fact that to begin with, we'll know nobody to begin with.


But as always, I go back to the knowledge that this is where we're suppose to be going. This is what we're suppose to be doing. This is the path God has chosen for us. And that excites me.



On another note. I finally got a call about a phone interview this morning - and the interview happened this afternoon! :) I'm not going to give details yet but I will say I was invited to head west for a second interview! So it looks like Austin and I will be making another trip and hopefully get a chance to look at some more apartments and continue to get a feel for the area.


We trust that God is going to take care of us. That He will make all the pieces fit into place when needed. Even if we have to remind ourselves that everyday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment