Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Roller-coaster of Life

June 23, 2010

Well, it seems about time for another one of these... a lot has happened and at the same time, nothing has happened.

AJ and I went to Council Bluffs/Omaha a couple of weekends ago. We had a really good trip too. On Saturday we looked at about six different apartment complexes and really fell in love with one - the one that was of course, most expensive. Ah, such is life. We're currently filling out an application and we'll see what happens! Some of the benefits of this apartment complex is it's location - it's right next to Interstate 80 and the shopping center, which has a Hy-Vee and Walgreens. We like convenience!

That night, we drove over to Omaha for The Taste of Omaha and enjoyed some good food and music at a park next to the river! It was a lot of fun, but it was also really hot! We probably would have stayed longer if it wasn't so hot, but we were just ready to go back to our air-conditioned hotel room. On Sunday we went to the Omaha Zoo. We spent the entire afternoon there and didn't even see half the zoo! It was a lot of fun! We definitely have plans to go back there again! (and again, and again!)

On Monday, I had my interview. I think that it went as well as it could have gone. I found out I was one of three people being interviewed. I did find it ironic - almost - that one of the questions was what I thought my dream job was. And I had to answer honestly - back in college, Wartburg was big on 'finding your calling' and as I was ready to graduate I hadn't figured out my calling! I did tell them that although I still don't know what my dream job might be, i definitely want to be helping people - which was really what this job was about. Another guy from the interview was also honest with me. He told me he had concerns about me being able to handle parts of this job because of my lack of experience in the 'business world'. I think that really defeated me, the more I thought about it. No one likes hearing something like that - even if it is true. And I think I missed my opportunity to prove him wrong. I needed to tell him why he was wrong. But I don't think I did that as much as I should have. Before I left, I was told they wanted to make an offer by the end of the week as they wanted to have someone start by at least July 12th.

On Friday, I still hadn't heard from them. I really tried not to think about it too much or to get too disappointed. At about 4:45, I called the office to ask about the position. I wanted to make sure they knew I was still interested. I was told they were still in the deciding process and hope to have an answer soon.

It's now Wednesday and still nothing. I'm taking it as a no - they probably offered it to someone else and were waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully I'll at least get a call (or even an email!) at some point to let me know they went in a different direction. We'll see.

I'm trying not to be too disappointed. Obviously this wasn't what I'm suppose to be doing. God has different plans - something better hopefully! :) So I'm back to applying to more jobs and keeping my fingers crossed!

Recently, I had a friend that had some very big news and during one of our conversations we discussed how we've definitely grown up and life is moving very quickly for us - her and her news and AJ and I and our big move and starting a new adventure. She mentioned that life is moving so fast we better hold on! I told her it was like we're on this Adult Roller-coaster - or a Roller-coaster of Life! And then she asked me, "Are we going up or down right now?" And I had to answer, "Let's say we're on the curve and we can't yet see whether we're going to be going up or down." Of course we both hope we'll be heading up but life is full of ups and downs. It's an interesting concept - life as a roller-coaster. Never really sitting still, always moving up or down, coming across twists and turns. And hopefully we all enjoy the ride while we're on it!

Right now, I feel like AJ and I are on a stand-still. Maybe the calm before a storm? haha There's so much up in the air right now and it really makes me anxious. We have to fill out an apartment application and give them a move-in date. We have to give our current apartment a 30 days notice before moving out. AJ has his student loan bills that start next month. And while he has his job lined up, it's hard to look at our finances and try to get a budget set when we don't know what my potential income might be. And that is really frustrating. And I still don't know when I should tell my current job I'm leaving. If only I could just take some time off from working to get settled 'out West' and then look for a job once fall comes. But we definitely don't have the money for that! I can't help but wonder how some families survive on one income?! But that's just not meant for AJ and I! Oh well.. haha

Well, it's pretty late and I have an early morning (again) tomorrow. So it's off to bed for me. I pray that God will give us some answers and some clarity on what might be coming up for us. But until then, we wait... and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment