Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Psalm 55:22

May 24th, 2010

"Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous fall."
Psalm 55:22

This was the life promise verse on the Life 101.9 radio station this morning and it could not have come at a more perfect time. It was exactly what I needed to hear from God. It was exactly what I had prayed for last night. Now, if only I can keep reminding myself that!

With the upcoming interview, the potential starting date (if the interview goes well!), an already planned trip to Colorado, having to figure out when to give my 2 weeks and finding a place to live - I get a little freaked out. Can it all be done? Will it all work out? Is it all too much of a time crunch? There's nothing final yet but I find myself saying, "Breathe, Liz, breathe." So, last night as I lay awake thinking about all this, I started to pray to God. I asked Him to cal my fears. To grant me patience. To allow me to put my complete trust in Him. That our plans follow His paths.

And then on my way to work, thinking about it all again, I heard the Life Promise verse. "Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous fall." (Psalm 55:22) God heard my prayers last night and He was making sure I remembered that as well. I'm considering writing that verse on a large sheet of paper - or multiple pieces of paper and putting them up where I can always see one - in the car, on the bathroom mirror, the fridge, at my office, on my laptop.... Then maybe I'll remember it! :)

I've also been thinking about lately my first blog post I wrote here. (http://tinyurl.com/2fpggl9)

I discussed my calling in the post - wondering what I'm suppose to be doing in life. I love my current job and I've really learned a lot and I feel like I've grown from it as well. But I also know it's not really what I'm supposed to be doing forever. I know that I need to continue to grow and challenge myself.

One of the deciding factors in encouraging AJ to accept the position at Riverside was I knew that this could be the perfect opportunity to expand my horizons and see if something else 'calls' to me. As I looked and applied online for jobs, I questioned again what I was put on this earth to do. What was it God wants me to be doing everyday? What is it that I should be doing to service Him? Am I going to find that opportunity through a new job? Especially now with the upcoming interview, could this be one of those opportunities? I guess time will tell what God has planned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment