Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changing....

July 21st, 2010

Changes, they are a-comin'. Okay, so I'm not even sure if that's a real word or not, but changes are definitely starting to happen.

Last Friday was a big day for me at work. It was the day I decided I need to tell my boss about AJ's job and our upcoming move - I needed to get the vacation time off! So, catching my boss right before he left for a half day of vacation, I asked if he had a couple of minutes to talk. I told him I wanted to catch him up on the events in mine and AJ's life. I explained that AJ had been offered a teaching position and after really thinking and praying about it, he had decided to accept the offer. I told him it was in Oakland, IA and that we were moving to Council Bluffs the last week of this month.

I then explained that I don't want to leave my current job here at Kruger and that I'm excited about the upcoming possibilities and new opportunities. I told him I had already made arrangement to move in with a co-worker and that AJ would be going on to Council Bluffs without me. I told him that I wasn't sure how it was all going to work out or what the next steps were, but I made sure he knew that I am committed to this job and willing to do whatever it takes to make it work.

The first thing he said was, well I'm glad you're not leaving. Which was a relief to hear! And then he said to tell AJ congratulations. He also acknowledged that what we're doing would be hard, but he's willing to help whenever he can.

I'm grateful that the news is now out in the open. It's much easier at work now. However, I hope that it was the right time to tell him. I just pray and trust that everything will work out the way it's suppose to. And I know that AJ and I both are going to need a lot of strength and patience from God for the next couple of months.

Being separated is going to be very difficult for us. And we need to remember to fully communicate our feelings to each other so that although we might be frustrated with the current situation, we don't get frustrated with each other. I think that is our biggest fear!

And now, it's already the 21st of the month. We have about 75% of all our belongings packed up and three nights to finish the rest. On Sunday, family will be coming down to help pack up the trailer and then we'll head over to Council Bluffs. On Monday morning, we'll get our apartment key and start the long process of moving everything out of the trailer and up to our third floor apartment. At this point, I would like to mention how grateful we are for our family members who are willing to help us with this move. :) Thank you.

I also took off Tuesday and Wednesday of next week to help unpack and get things settled. But then it's back here to Waterloo for work. It will be interesting to see how the next couple of weeks, then months go. But whatever happens, it will be an adventure. And God will be there with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment