Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Final Countdown

July 8th, 2010

Well... it's started... the final countdown. Or at least, one of the final countdowns. :)

Last week we got news from the apartment complex we liked in Council Bluffs that two of the three available apartments had been rented out and they had just shown the third one that morning. We quickly finished our application and faxed it over. We told them the deposit check would be in the mail the next day. We were very nervous that the apartment would be rented out before we were approved or if they needed to wait to get our check. Luckily, they said our application looked good and although they normally don't, they would hold the apartment knowing our check was in the mail! So that was great news! One thing to check off our list: find an apartment to rent.

Then one week ago, on July 1st we decided we better give our 30-day notice to our current apartment. This was a tough decision for us.

I had finally heard back about the interview (in a standard e-mail of course) that they had filled the position. And although it was nice to finally get that closure, I find myself still without a job out West. AJ was persistent about being moved by August 1st so he would have plenty of time in his classroom before school starts. So, we decided that AJ would move out to Council Bluffs and I would stay behind and keep working at Kruger. I needed to stay until I had a job or at least until AJ would have a paycheck coming in - which wouldn't be until towards the end of September. Now we debated about whether we keep our apartment in Waterloo or I look for a friend to crash with. I really did not want to be paying two rents. Luckily, one of my co-workers just bought a house and was willing to let me crash with her for a while! This was such a huge blessing! We were able to give our 30 days notice without having to worry about finding somewhere to stay once AJ moves.

And so now it begins. Our stand-still is officially over. We've started to pack things up already. Although we don't really have the room to have boxes everywhere, but it's also nice to get some of the packing out of the way. We're moving the last week in July - not quite sure on exactly when yet... We received our move-out directions from our current apartment and boy is that cleaning list long! :) We canceled our cable/internet and energy effective the end of this month. And I remember how much I hate moving. haha

I really hope that this new apartment works out and that we'll be there for more than at least a year! So pray for that! :)

Things will get interesting at the end of the month. Hopefully I'll be able to take the time off to help AJ and our families move. And apparently, they're not too excited to help us move. Something about the last time our dads and AJ's grandparents came down to help... nothing was packed... haha Although in my offense, we were only moving like 5 minutes down the road and I only needed them to move the big furniture! I was going to take care of everything else! But bless their hearts, they got everything moved for us in the one day!

Well anyone that is going to help us move this time, I PROMISE we'll have everything packed and ready to go! :) Please come help us! My dad has an 18' trailer he's bringing so that will be very helpful! My mom and brother will miss out on the fun because they'll be in Guatemala on a mission trip. Oh well, their loss. :) And I think AJ's dad is going to be helping out for sure but I don't know about his mom yet. Hopefully we'll have plenty of help! I've never moved this far away before. The only other time that was somewhat similar was going to college and I'm pretty sure we have A LOT more stuff now!

Well, that's about it for now. For the next couple of weeks we'll be busy packing and trying to find space for all our boxes. Maybe we can build a fort with them like Ross and Joey did on Friends! :) I like that idea already....

No comments:

Post a Comment